The Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass, seen here with a Black finish, is a stylish, versatile Signature Series instrument for Beck bassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen.
Short Scale Bass, With A Road-Worn Finish
JMJ is known by many as a true renaissance man of the modern music scene, having played alongside Beck, along with the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Jimmy Eat World, Paramore and many more besides.
With this signature Mustang Bass, Fender have managed to create an instrument that’s ideal for today’s breed of multi-genre musicians.
Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass RW Black Highlights
- Signature bass for multi-genre bassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnson
- Shorter-scale, Mustang Bass body and neck design
- Lightweight Alder body, with a road worn Nitro Lacquer Black finish
- Custom Seymour Duncan split coil pickup
- Sleek Maple neck, also with a Road Worn Nitro Lacquer finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, with 19 medium jumbo frets
- 4-Saddle bridge, with Strings-Through-Body design
- Includes deluxe gig bag
Short-Scale Mustang Design
The first thing you’ll notice about this bass when you pick it up is that’s it’s slightly smaller, and much more lightweight, than a standard 4-string.
If you’re a touring bass player, or find that the load a standard bass can put over your shoulder during a long gig to be a little too much, then this Short-Scale Mustang would be ideal.
In addition to this, the shorter-scale design is ideally suited to dynamic players that really like to push the envelope, with its lower string tension allowing you to play for hours on end with the minimal amount of hand fatigue.
Thunderous Yet Articulate
Thanks to a combination of the short-scale design and a Seymour Duncan Custom Split-Coil pickup, this bass produces a rich array of tones, with a thick, well-defined low end.
This pickup is perfect for playing with both clean and effects-laden signals, and in addition to this, you can fine tune your output thanks to the Volume and Tone control pots on the bass.
Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass RW Black Specs
- Model Name: JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass, Black
- Model #: 0144060306
- Series: Artist
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Color: Black
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Mustang Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Scale Length: 30″ (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625″ (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single Coil
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang Bass Strings-Through-Body
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 9050L Stainless Steel Flatwound (.045-.100 Gauges)