The Gibson Thunderbird Bass Guitar Ebony Finish is a sleek and stylish instrument, and has been favoured by many notable rock bassists over the decades.
Thanks to its deep, rich tone, and natural levels of sustain, Gibson’s original neck-through-body design is as popular now as it’s ever been.
Gibson’s Original Neck-Through-Body Bass
Originally released in 1963 alongside the awesome Firebird guitar, the Gibson Thunderbird was the company’s first ever neck-through-body bass design.
This innovative design gave the world an incredible-sounding bass, with high levels of playability, and plenty of natural sustain.
Gibson Thunderbird Bass Guitar Ebony Finish Highlights
- Iconic neck-through-body bass design
- Longer 34″ scale length
- 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut neck, with solid Mahogany “wings”
- Rich, warm tones, with a piano like natural sustain
- Two high-output, ceramic magnet loaded humbuckers, for that familiarly thick, Thunderbird tone
- Gloss Ebony finish
- Hardshell case included
- Home Delivery options available
High Performance Levels
True to Thunderbird tradition, this bass guitar’s neck is super sleek with a rounded profile, and topped with a 12″ radius Rosewood fretboard. The end result is a neck with a rock solid feel, that’s incredibly comfortable to play, for any playstyle.
To compliment the naturally rich, thick tones made by the woods in this bass, Gibson have fitted a set of high-output Thunderbird humbuckers.
High output, and loaded with ceramic magnets, these pickups work perfectly with the bass’s woods to produce that instantly recognisable Thunderbird sound.
Not only that, but each pickup features an independent Volume control, along with a Master Tone pot, letting you shape your sound however you wish.
Order Yours Today
Contact our Sales Team directly if you’d like to know more about the availability of this incredible bass guitar. Alternatively, simple order yours online today and choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Gibson Thunderbird Bass Guitar Ebony Finish Specs
- Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: Thunderbird
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Colour: Ebony (Black)
- Material: 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut
- Profile: Rounded
- Nut Width: 1.5
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″
- Scale Length: 34
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Inlays: Acrylic Dots
- Bridge: 3-point Adjustable
- Knobs: Black Tophats with Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Grover Bass Keys
- Plating: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Rhythm T-Bird
- Bridge Pickup: Lead T-Bird
- Controls: 2 Volumes, Master Tone
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: Gibson Accessory Kit
- Strings: .045, .065, .085, .105